Tuesday, August 3, 2010

TRUTH ABOUT TIGERS



I'm crazy about tigers... Recently I visited the website www.truthabouttigers.org designed by Mr. Shekar. I was greatly attracted to the website just becos I'm crazy about tigers and this website has a lot to tell u about tigers and how to save them. Shekar is a wild life conservator and has newly directed the movie " The truth about tigers" I requested a DVD and saw the documentary. Excellent movie. It tells us what a tiger needs, how to save them and what are the steps that we as a citizen do towards saving our national animal.

I got the inspiration from the movie and decided that I should create awareness about tigers. Just "PASSION WITH OUT ACTION IS OF NO USE" I took the initiative to create awareness!!! It was a long term plan and it was successful on 31st July 2010. We have to be informed that the tigers are becoming extinct. I spoke with the principal of Sri Sankara Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Thiruvalluvar Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur and arranged a screening of movie for their students.

The whole day was my program. There were 3 batches and students of 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 11th and 12th watched the movie in batches. The movie was educative, to make it interesting, I asked few questions and those who gave the correct answers were given a small gift.

I have made my passion into an action! I will continue the same and will visit many schools and will arrange for the screening of the movie... Its because I love tigers!!! If we cant save our national animal, what can we save???

http://tinyurl.com/39kjbbl

No comments: