Thursday, March 25, 2010

BREAK THE RULES??? NO...NO...NEVER

Break the rules. It's the most favorite sentence for the youngsters. I'm not the exemption as well… Break the rules at home, school, college and where not?

I was just an ordinary girl. If there is a rule to eat spinach at home I will surely break it. And at school I never finish home on time. College??? It is where rules are broken into pieces. It starts from the punctuality; we have to be there at college before 9.00 Am but I’ll reach the campus only at 9.10 AM. It was fun… Every one will look at me and think how much guts I have. I will show my heroism. If there is a dress code that every one has to wear traditional wear I will go in jean. It was really fun breaking the rules. When there was a rule to wear helmets I never ever had a helmet when I drive. More than 3 times I have gone triples in my bike with my friends.. Ah… how much fun it would be???


One incident that happened to me few days back had taught me a lesson. Oh… Please never ever break the rules!!! I was a fine evening when I and my dad went for shopping. It was the busiest place in Chennai and the most crowded too. My dad preferred that we go by the public transport but I was very adamant that we have to go by our own bike. I thought it would be comfortable to shop a lot of thing if we go by our own transport. We reached our destination and there was no place to park our vehicle. So we had to park the vehicle in “no parking” area. We locked our vehicle and went for shopping, for at least 8 to 10 shops. We also had our dinner and completely exhausted came to the parking place (I mean the “no parking” place) to my shock my bike is not there!!! I was literally in tears. With lot of unanswered questions in my mind, how could someone steal a big bike??? Is only my bike missing??? Am I dreaming??? Did we lock the bike properly??? Oh my God what a horrible moment it was. But to my surprise my dad (who usually gets tensed for everything) was very cool… really cool… Then we enquired some people near by and found that police men took our bike (not only ours but the entire bike that were parked in the “no parking” area) away. Police station was nearby so we went there and our bike was there neatly parked in side the police station premises. We paid a fine of Rs150/- showed all the proof and retrieved our bike safely. While come back I asked the police men “Why don't you change the police station into a parking area so that we don't have to break the rules??? “Police man was puzzled!!!

No comments: