Thursday, March 25, 2010

TIME CONFUSION

I went to Cochin as a college tour with my friends, class mates and staffs. We were a gang of 11 and ours was a big gang in the whole group. We got three separate rooms to sleep. Though we got three rooms we were all in the same room chatting, playing, dancing, singing and teasing. Our tourist guide asked all of us to get ready at 6.00 AM the next day. So he asked us to sleep so that we wont become tired. We slept at around 11.00 Am at night. I'm very punctual and I have always been. So I told my friend to wake me at 4.30 AM so that we can all get ready. My friend woke all of us. But I felt very sleepy. I opened the tap in the bathroom but the water was so cold. I rang up to the room service and told him to switch on the hot water. He told me that "Mam , Hot water is supplied only from 5.00 AM". So I waited for half-an-hour and opened the tap and found the same cold water again. I got tensed and angry since we all have to get ready soon and ours was a big gang! And punctuality is very important!!! I rang up to the Reception but no one picked up the phone. My anger arose and I straightly went down to the reception and found the person there sleeping. After much trouble he woke up. I told him that the time is 5.10 and the hot water was not coming.He stared at me and he was confused. He showed the clock and told me that the time was only 2.40 AM. All My friends were laughing at me and the receptionist too. "Oh. My God! my friends have played a trick on me. They woke me at 2.00 AM" I realised then. I ran to the room and saw my watch, The time was 2.40 AM. I too laughed for my innocence! From then I never ask anyone to wake me up.And I wake up on my own by setting time in MY ALARM!!!

No comments: