Wednesday, February 25, 2015

How to get selected in job interview?

Be patient 
Be confident
I feel very proud to say that I have never failed in any of the job interviews that I have attended since my college days. It was in the year 2009 when I faced my first interview in my college with Cybernet Slash Support. The interviewer asked me to talk about anything that I like and I chose to talk about the 'Studious first bench and the naughtiest last bench students in my class.' The interviewer appreciated the way I stood and greeted him before I started my conversation. And yes, he gave me the offer letter right away!

My second Interview was also during my final year college with a company called Ajuba. Out of 100 plus students, I was the only one who got selected for a face to face round with the HR Manager. I answered to all the questions he asked and the offer letter got printed!

How did this happen? Interviews are conducted only to test your confidence and talents. Be confident in any interview and success will come your way. If you would ask me to tell you an easy interview tips, I would say 
  • Answer boldly
  • Answer with confidence
  • Answer to the point
  • Accept your mistake 
  • Learn to say 'No' to the things that you really don't know.


I have attended more than 10-15 interviews for the past 5 years and have been successful to get through all the rounds easily with a little bit of knowledge and more confidence. 

How to prepare for an interview?

I'm not going to give you a question paper! All you need to do is to prepare yourself to answer the question bold and clear.

  • Concentrate on the dress that you wear
  • Carry yourself neat and clean
  • Carry the required documents
  • Be on time
  • Don't keep looking at the watch
  • Don't play games on your mobile
  • Don't listen to music 
  • Don't keep talking over the phone (Very Important)
  • Be patience and wait
  • Go through you resume/bio-data 
  • Be prepared to tell your work experience to the interviewer
  • Don't Rush
  • Greet the interviewer
  • Answer politely and stay calm
  • Do not ask your performance to your interviewer (Have confidence in you that you have done well)
  • Ask questions only if they give your space
  • Wait patiently (If they have not given the result on spot)
  • Leave from the place (If you are asked to, don't discuss the results)
  • Wait for an email or phone call for a day or two
  • Incase of no response, call the respective HR to know your results
  • If you pass, Feel happy about it and start preparing for the next move
  • If you fail, Don't worry, there are many companies offering various job. Identify the mistakes that you did on this interview and do well the next time.


Interviews are not a nightmare, A successful interview depends on how you talk and how you answer. Do well in your next interview!!! All the best.


No comments: