Thursday, February 26, 2015

Rewind back to 27-2-2014 - Travelling to Mangalore

27-2-2014 was an unforgettable day for me.. I left my parents, my home, my sister, my friends, and Chennai and traveled to reach this beautiful place, 'Mangalore' along with my husband, in-laws, and my dad. If you are born as a girl, you need to leave your home and live with your husband in a new home. 

27/2/2014 the train reached Mangalore Central sharp at 8.30 (Appreciate the punctuality of Southern Railways) and we unloaded 21 baggages from the train. We paid Rs1000/- to the porter at Chennai to load our things into the train but the porters at Mangalore charged Rs100/- to load them to our car. The same distance, Same weight but for a lesser price. I started liking Mangalore from that minute. There were no traffic jams and very less pollution. Everyone riding a two-wheeler had their helmets on! Which is mostly uncommon in Chennai!

We reached the beautiful house, that my husband has rented for us, around 9.30 in the morning and started unpacking the items. "What do we eat for morning breakfast?" I asked. My husband replied 'I'l bring food from the hotel' and left. He came after an hour sweating badly! 'No shop has idlies' he said and that was unbelievable for someone from Chennai because, Idly is common in every shop at any time in Chennai. Dosa with sambar was in the menu and for the first time I didn't like dosa and sambar because of its sweetness. Sweet Sambar was something new to me! That minute we decided to cook lunch so that we don't have to eat sweet sambar. After pooja and lunch we set out to do some shopping. 

The clock struck 7 PM and the place was still bright like an evening. Normally in Chennai, after 6.00PM it becomes dark. Excited about the new place, we came home after a happy shopping in a new place with new people. And now, it is a year and I love this place for its weather, unlimited, rainfall, calm area, traffic free zone, pollution free place and many more. The memories of reaching Mangalore is still fresh!

Mangalore is a good place to live peacefully by enjoying the beauty of the nature, but it is never like my birth place Chennai!!! 

No comments: